I'm so very sorry for not blogging for so long. If there are any goode huswives out there who still drop into chez Domum on a regular basis you deserve a bit of an update. Look out! Here come the inevitable bullet points!
- To those of you who had a good pray regarding my DH's employment situation, I would like to say thank you very much. He has a job working at a local Cathedral. It is far more interesting than his previous job, but more stressful and comes with a considerably poorer salary. However, the people he works with are really lovely and, as a born organiser, he seems to be doing very well.
- I too have a permanent job - yes, back in big city! Quelle domage! It's far less stressful than my last job, I love working with "challenging" kids, I prefer working out of catchment and I really like my department. For ages, on this blog, I ranted about childhood well-being and now I'm in the thick of it, putting my money where my mouth is, as it were.(Check out those metaphors). My own children are not noticing my working mother status, as yet, as I'm home by 4:00, but my house looks like a crack den.
- In the second week of this new job I was Ofsteded again. They are stalking me.
- I am managing to bake with the kids, read (on the train) and do a spot of knitting. I don't do these things as often as I used to, I don't have time to blog about doing these things.
- I simply cannot get used to the six o'clock alarm bell. It's killing me. I need a teas-maid/made (noun or verb? answers on a postcard...also, there's the problem of the apostrophe, if it's a verb it'll need a contraction...).
- I'm off work today because my back went at 6:30 this morning. From 6:30 until 8:30 I spent my time on all fours on the kitchen floor: my husband had to put my mug of tea on the floor and I sucked it up through a straw. I'm still in bit of pain but my back has eased now - hurrah for Paracetamol and Neurofen! However, I'm still walking like Neanderthal woman, strangely bent over, hands dangling, listlessly, by my knees. I shall be back at work tomorrow because I am scared David Cameron will drag me out of my shirker's bed and put me in the stocks so that the villagers may pelt me with out-of-date Co-Op lasagnes.
Now that you've read that nonsense you deserve a reward. Enjoy the Youtubery, gentle reader, and until half-term, Anon!