Sunday 3 June 2012

Long To RAIN Over Us!

So we didn't go to the Big Lunch. Rain stopped play. To celebrate the Jubilee we went to my mum's and had a super Sunday lunch. My dad was going to pick the girls up early, whilst I made the above patriotic pav, so that they could join in with the Jubilee treasure hunt that was being held in mum and dad's village (the parentals no longer live in Spain). However, the heavens opened and the treasure hunt was abandoned, but we had a lovely family time despite the weather. There were lots of roast potatoes and laughter and a big, creamy pudding. Then my dad lit the woodburner and we turned on the telly and watched an 85 year old woman travel up the Thames on a barge, getting frozen to the bone. This is what it means to be British. God save the Queen.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

God bless our chilly Queen.

We had a nice indoor roast dinner today too.

debbie bailey said...

So glad you're blogging again! I've missed you.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Yes, God save her! Oh, I do think she's darling. What's a pav? Whatever it is, it looks delicious. I'm so sorry the Jubilee is over. It's been so much fun to watch it from afar.

xofrances

magsmcc said...

And let's hope he looks after Phil as well! Frances said to come visit- any of that pavlova left?? Mmm!

Jo said...

I was explaining the Jubilee to my 7yo, and, student of Narnia Chronicles that she is, is now convinced that the Queen has made it rain in England for 60 years. Watching TV coverage on the day has done nothing to dispell that belief...