Saturday 15 March 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

Oh blimey! I'm home but I'm poorly. I've got a temperature and lower back ache, probably a virus I caught from someone on the plane home. I'm also in a vague panic about Holy Week, I can't be ill for Holy Week as I have so much to do! I fully realise that this is meant to be a time of quiet reflection for all Christians, but my head is swimming with meals I have to cook, children and husband I have to organise, visitors I have to welcome...not to mention all of the church services that go on over the week...oh and then there's all of the secular stuff, Easter egg hunts and Easter bonnet making, Easter decorating, shopping and banking, school stuff and my tutoring. Every GCSE and A level student is panicking right now as exams are looming, all my pupils want extra time going over stuff they should've known years ago!!! People, I'm stretched a bit thin! So, I have a couple of options. I could cure my cold naturally with ginger cordial...but my ginger cordial is just spicey brandy and I really can't take my drink, after a couple of glasses I'd end up like a strumpet in a Hogarth etching! Or, I can abandon all pretentions to natural living and get myself some Day Nurse...just like the adverts tell me...and soldier on. I'm choosing the latter option. Woe, oh woe is me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor you! There are so many bugs and viruses around at the moment.

'Mother' speaking here: Don't wear your self out now! Get lots of rest and lots of fluids. The sun will continue to rise and set, the church calendar will continue to run, even if you don't get to do everything you planned. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure your kiddies would want a healthy mummy rather than a perfect egg hunt.

Lecture over ;) Take care, I will pray for you.

Hugs

Sarah x

Cherish the Home said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. And Sarah's advice sounds perfect. (o:

Thanks again for the lovely comment you left for me on my 2 year blogiversary post. (o:

Many Blessings,
~Michele

Dulce Domum said...

Hi Sarah

Ooh, wise words! I think it's a kidney infection...the temperature and the lower back ache are something I've had before. Me mother tells me that my kidneys are my Achilles Heel! Thank you for the prayers.

Hi Mrs Michele B

I can't believe that Cherish the Home is two years old! I'm sure I'll feel better once I get to the doctors! Thanks you m'dear!